So picture this:
- You’re on a bus trying to get home after a long day.
- There’s an old wrinkled lady sitting beside you with skin like crepe paper and about 7 missing teeth.
- She looks over at you and says, “Is your hair naturally that curly?”
- “… Yeah,” is your response.
- “It’s just so curly! Like a poodle.” She’s clearly fascinated for some odd reason (I mean for goodness sake its just hair).
- You’re so busy being insulted that she just compared you to a dog that you don’t notice she’s reaching out her old leathery meat hook fingers until its too late.
- By the time you jerk away she’s already successfully stroked your hair with her withered old bedpan hands.
- As if you were in fact a dog.
Top 4 Reasons Why I Was Astronomically Offended
- 4) I have an unreasonable fear of old people
- 3) She touched me without my permission
- 2) She compared me to a dog
- 1) I’m black and I’m about 99.9% sure that if I was curly-haired and apart of some other race I could’ve avoided being placed in the same category as animals that drink from toilets.
I’m irritated for natural-haired black women everywhere.